Many injuries happen at the beginning of training sessions or games because the player does not warm up his muscles.
To prevent this from happening, warm up thoroughly by gently going through the motions and performing slow, sustained stretches.
Benefits of Warm Up:
- Raises your body temperature – warm muscles helps to reduce injury rate
- Prepares your cardiovascular system (heart, lungs and blood vessels) for activity
- Triggers processes in the body which prevent you overheating during the training/game
- Puts your head in the game! It gets your brain switched on to the upcoming challenge.
- Improves coordination and reaction times – increases your chances of scoring a goal!