How Food Affects Body, Energy & Performance?
Good sports nutrition increases athletic performance by making you less tired and reducing the risk of disease and injury; it also lets you train harder and recover faster.
What Happens If I Do Not Have Enough Energy In My Diet?
Not enough energy can cause:
- short height
- delayed puberty
- loss of muscle mass
- inability to perform at your best
- increased risk for tiredness, injury or illness
What Happens If There Is Too Much Energy In My Diet?
Having too much energy can result in:
- being overweight
- feeling tired through the day
- making it harder to sleep at night
Is Nutrition Really That Important?
Talent and dedication to training are no longer enough to achieve success in elite football. Nutrition has a key role to play and some Clubs like AS Monaco sees it as their recipe for success. More importantly, in 2018/19 season 18 of the 20 Spanish La Liga teams, and all the English Premier League teams, employed a nutritionist to enhance athletic performance.
“Good nutrition is the core of my success.”Cristiano Ronaldo
- References:Ūdre, V., 2000. Vispārējā un Sporta Bioķīmija II Daļa [General and Sports Biochemistry Part II]. Rīga: LSPA (in Latvian) / Victor, K.L., William, D.M. and Frank, I.K., 2011. Essentials of exercise physiology.