Arriving at the Training Ground
Training ground is the place where you spend a lot of time as a football player. For you to be able to do your best, you need to make sure you are feeling safe and nothing is disturbing you.
When you arrive to the stadium have a look around to see if there is anything strange happening, for example, people arguing, lights not working or people you don’t recognize being on the pitch.
You already know about safety in changing rooms but it is just an important to follow some rules when you step out of it and head to the pitch. Here are some things to look out for:
- Have you put your shin pads on and have appropriate clothes?
- Do you have the correct boots on – indoor, artificial turf or natural grass?
- Are there any other teams training at the same time?
- Check for any unnecessary equipment on the pitch (rocks, glass, bottles)
- Check for are any holes in the artificial or natural grass pitch
If something does not feel right, speak to your coach or another member of staff. It is better to be precautious than do nothing.