10 Rules of Success in your Career and Life
Each and everyone of us has his or her own ways to approach life. Some, try to be happy all the time, others try to be as helpful as possible whilst others try to become a better athlete. This last category, is the focus of our article.
World`s Best Athletes
Some of the world`s best athletes like the most successful women`s tennis player Serena Williams, one of the best women`s football players Alex Morgan and all time best swimmer Michael Phelps, have written down their main rules for success in sports and in life.
By combining more than 50 successful athlete opinions, we can single out the 10 rules that are similar to all of them and therefore provide a list that you can learn from and try to apply in your life to become a better athlete one minute at a time.
Here Are the 10 Rules
1. Do what you love and what you like.
2. Set meaningful, motivating goals.
3. Work hard, carefully and persistently.
4. Develop a positive attitude towards yourself and others.
5. Plan and structure your time.
6. Believe in yourself and your strength.
7. Learn from losses and mistakes.
8. Never give up or despair.
9. Create dreams and visions of positive achievements.
10. Improve every day.
How to Apply This in Your Life?
Don`t worry if all of this seems like a lot of information to take in. That is absolutely normal. Some of these things you have probably heard before, whilst some of these might seem new to you.
What we would recommend you to do, is to start by writing down a goal for yourself. Your goal should be focused around what you want to achieve in sports. Take some time and really think about what it is you want to do
- maybe you want to become a professional football player?
- maybe you want to become the best player in your country?
- maybe you want to become the best goal scorer in your team?
Whatever your goal is, write it down and look at it everyday so that you remember what you should focus on in the training session.
Why is it so important to know your goal? Because if you don`t know where you want to go, you cannot get there.
Once you have understood your goal, come back to this article and check out the other 9 rules for success and think how you can apply it in your life.